Serves 6, side or main.
- 2/3 cup of pearl barley (sub farro if you are feeling adventurous, or pearled couscous)
- 1lb of green beans,
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 1 large ear)
- 4 large bunches of arugula (about 4 ounces total)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon minched shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme (feel free to sub dried!)
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1, 3 1/2 ounch package of soft fresh goat cheese (feta can work in a pinch!)
- Cook barley according to package and set aside to cool.
- Cook green beans in large pot of boiling water until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain and cool immediately. Drain well, and slice into 2-inch pieces. Add to bowl with barley, add corn and 2 bunches of chopped arugula.
- In a separate bowl whisk olive oil, vinegar, shallots, thyme and dijon mustard. Pour enough over the barley mixture to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- Combine remainder of arugula, remaining dressing and sprinkle with cheese!