- 1 3/4 cups cooked chickpeas (equivalent to one 15oz can)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1lb carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cups shelled, salted pistachios, coarsely shopped
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water, more if needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- Roast the chickpeas: Heat oven to 425; toss chickpeas with salt, oil and cumin. Spread on a baking sheet and roast until brown and crisp – about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Make the dressing: Whisk all ingredients together until smooth, adding more water if needed.
- Assemble salad: place grated carrots in a large bowl and toss with parsley. Mix in 2/3 of the dressing, adding more if desired. Sprinkle in chickpeas and pistachios.