- 2 sundried tomatoes in oil, plus 1 teaspoon of extra oil
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 ½ cups trimmed young wax beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon, cut into thin strips
- Slice the sundried tomatoes into long, thin strips.
- Heat the oil from the sundried tomatoes in a small frying pan over medium heat and fry the capers, stirring often, for about 1 minute or until darkened and crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain, season with freshly ground black pepper, then toss with the sun-dried tomatoes, capers, olive oil, and strips of lemon zest.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Source: The Produce Bible by Leanne Kitchen