- 4 cups of shredded zucchini, lightly packed
- 2 extra large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- grated Locatelli romano cheese
Mix egg and zucchini together. Add breadcrumbs, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper. Mix with hands. Mixture should be of a consistency where a patty can be formed and hold together. If the patty does not hold together, add a little more breadcrumb and mix. Makes about 8 3-inch diameter patties.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet at medium heat. Place patties in pan, leaving enough room between patties to turn. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from pan and place on paper towels. Let cool. Sprinkle patties with freshly grated cheese and serve. Mangia and enjoy!