- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 onion, peeled and diced
- 1/2 package of extra firm tofu
- 1/4 pound green beans
- 1/4 pound bok choy, leaves and stems cut into large chunks
- 2/3 pound fresh egg noodles (ramen style noodles, which, we’ve used in the past)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsbl sambal olek or other savory chili paste (sriracha)
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- bean sprouts
- shredded iceberg lettuce
- scallion and lemon wedge to garnish
- Prepare tofu in another pan to make crispy (the secret is out, use cornstarch!)
- Cook noodles according to package.
- In a large pan or wok heat oil, saute onion for about a minute, add green beans and cook about 3 minutes.
- Add bok choy and cook until it wilts.
- Add all spices and bean sprouts a bit of cold water and toss.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and serve!
Source: Adapted from Ottolenghis’ Mee Goreng