Serves 4 as a side
- 2 bunches of medium radishes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 450. Brush a heavy-duty rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Cut off all but 1/2 of the green radish tops and rinse them well. Coarsely chop radish tops and set aside.
- Cut radishes lengthwise in half and place in a medium bowl. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to coat. Place radishes, cut side down, on prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with salt. Roast until the radishes are tender but still have a bite – about 18 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan add the 2 tablespoons of butter and cook over medium high heat. Keep swirling the skillet frequently to keep the butter solids from burning. This process should take 3-5 minutes. The butter will go through distinct changes, and when done will resemble, well, brown butter. You can learn the science from Serious Eats.
- When the brown butter is complete, remove from heat, add the lemon. Transfer roasted radishes to serving dish and drizzle with brown butter. Sprinkle with radish tops and serve!
Source: Adapted from Epicurious.com