- ¾ cup bulgur wheat
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 telegraph (long) cucumber
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 4 cups chopped Italian parsley
- 2 large handfuls of mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Put the bulgur in a bowl, cover with 2 cups water and leave for 1 ½ hours.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon, then cut into ½ inch cubes. Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, remove the seeds with a teaspoon, then cut the flesh into ½-inch cubes.
- To make the dressing, put the lemon juice and 1 ½ teaspoons salt in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Season well with freshly ground black pepper, then slowly whisk in the olive oil and extra virgin olive oil.
- Drain the bulgur and squeeze out any excess water. Spread the bulgur out on a clean dishtowel or paper towels and leave to dry for about 30 minutes. Put the bulgur in a large salad bowl, add the tomato, cucumber, scallions, parsley, and mint and toss well to combine. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until evenly coated.
Source: The Produce Bible by Leanne Kitchen