- 2 bunches of new/spring onions or substitute 1/4 red onion
- 1 pound fresh peas in pod, shucked (1/2 to 1 cup) or substitute frozen fava beans
- 1 pounds wax beans, trimmed
- 3 ounces Spanish chorizo, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/8 thick
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Sherry vinegar
If using spring onions, cut an X in root end of each onion, then cook in an 8-qt pot of boiling salted water until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to an ice bath to stop cooking (keep pot of water at a boil), then drain onions well. Discard any skins and squeeze onions at stem end so small layers slip out separately.
Boil peas until just tender, about 2 minutes, cooling and draining in same manner as onions, then wax beans, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer onions, peas, and beans to a large serving bowl.
Warm chorizo, oil, and vinegar in a heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat. Remove from heat. Add 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper, then pour over vegetables and toss to coat.