At Red Tomato, we’re on a mission to change the food system for the better. We do this by working with with trusted farmers, distributors and grocers to bring you the freshest locally and regionally grown fruits and vegetables. When you pick Red Tomato, you are choosing the best produce available – while helping to build a more sustainable food system and a better future. We call it righteous produce!
- Helps farmers get their fresh, local fruits and vegetables to market
- Coordinates marketing, sales and logistics to connect farms with grocery stores, distributors and institutions throughout the Northeast
- Has roots in fair trade and a focus on creating opportunity for our region’s farmers to be thriving and sustainable food suppliers to our region’s eaters
- Presents educational programs to share what we’ve learned and help build a strong local, regional and sustainable food system
- Is funded in part by income from sales and marketing of produce, and by public, private and individual support
- For additional information, including additional information regarding our funding, and method please visit our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Sales grew 9% from 2010 to 2011, 26% in 2012, 32% in 2013 and 24% in 2014.
- $5.2M in produce sales in 2015
- Over $25 million in produce sales since 1998
- A network of 50+ farms in the Northeast, from Maine to New Jersey
- A non-profit organization founded in 1996 and based in Plainville, MA
- Over 100 diverse fruits and vegetables, from apples to zucchini
- Reach over 300 supermarkets, cooperatives, campuses and restaurants
- 10-member team (full and part time)
For interviews, photos or farm visits, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org